The simple query management system in Surfer based on tags that will help you organize your work.
1. Create a new tag
You can create tags in two simple ways:
1. Scroll down below the quota counter and click "New tag". Add your tag name and choose the "Create a new tag" button to save it.
2. Create a tag while tagging a query Click "Add tag" and type your new tag name. Choose the "Create a new tag" button to save it.
2. Add tags to a query
2. Click "Add tag" or plus icon to make the pop-up appear.
3. Create a new tag for this query or pick it from the list.
Tip: To help you keep consistency across the whole toolset, the list of tags is the same for SERP Analyzer, Content Editor, and Keyword Research.
3. Rename or Delete Tags
1. Scroll down to the tags list and click on the chevron.
2. From there, you can rename or delete the tag. Don't worry, deleting tags won't delete queries assigned to them.
4. Enhanced search in the history log
"Search by keyword or tags" is the most straightforward and handy method that makes the search experience smooth and accurate. Start typing and Surfer will look for a match in keyword and tags.
Alternatively, click on a tag to show all queries within this tag or pick it from the list of all tags available on the right-hand side.
Examples of use
You can use tags in many ways. Tagging is the most flexible management system.
- Indicate your clients. Tag analysis made for a specific client.
- Group queries under the tag for one specific website or even a single page – in this case, use URL as the tag name.
- Are you working in a team? Tag queries created by your colleagues – using full name as a tag is a great way to manage your work.
- Tag periods for measuring performance over time. Use months or quarters like "q2 2020" to reveal analysis created at a specific moment in the past.
- What's the status of your work? Tag a query as "to do" or "done" to make sure that there is nothing left to check.
Tip: These five ideas are just examples of using tags. You can tailor it to your current processes and use an unlimited number of tags.