Content Editor works with Google Docs and WordPress
To use Content Editor with external tools, you must download the Chrome extension as explained on the landing page here.
Once you install the extension, make sure that anyone on your team who creates/optimized content has the extension installed as well.
Content Editor + Google Docs
- Install the extension.
- Create a query in Content Editor and connect it with Google Docs by clicking "Create new Google document" button.
- Click on the generated link to open the new Google Doc.
- Once you open your Google Doc, you'll start getting real-time feedback on your optimization level just as if you used Surfer's text editor.
Content Editor + WordPress
Content Editor works with different versions of WordPress:
- Classic editor
To get your guidelines inside WordPress:
- Install the extension
- Log into your WordPress account and go to the page you want to optimize.
- Click on the extension icon and click on the "Load Surfer" button
Now you can create a new Content Editor query or assign an existing one to your WordPress page.