The query management system in Surfer is based on simple tags that will help you organize your work.
Create a new tag
You can create tags in two simple ways:
1. Go to the dashboard of any of our tools and click "New tag" on the right side.
2. Create a tag while tagging a query. Click "Add tag" and select one of your existing tags or type your new tag name. Choose the "Create a new tag" button to save it.
Add tags to your query
1. Go to Keyword Research, SERP Analyzer, Audit, Content Editor, or Domain Planner dashboard and tag a query of your choice by selecting Add tag option
2. There, you can either create a new tag or select one of your existing ones
Rename or delete tags
1. Scroll down to the tags list and click on the small arrow next to your tag name.
2. From there, you can rename or delete the tag. Don't worry; deleting tags won't delete queries assigned to them.
Filtering with tags
"Search by keyword or tags" is the most straightforward and handy method that makes the search experience smooth and accurate. Start typing, and Surfer will look for a match in keywords and tags.
Alternatively, click on a tag to show all queries within this tag or pick it from the list of all tags available on the right-hand side.
Examples of use
You can use tags in many ways. Tagging is the most flexible management system.
Indicate your clients - tag analysis made for a specific client.
Group queries under the tag for one specific website or even a single page – in this case, use URL as the tag name.
Are you working in a team? Tag queries created by your colleagues – using your full name as a tag is a great way to manage your work.
Tag periods for measuring performance over time. Use months or quarters like "q2 2020" to reveal analysis created at a specific moment in the past.
What's the status of your work? Tag a query as "to do" or "done" to make sure that there is nothing left to check.